Happy 18th Anniversary, Baby!
Well, you’ve done it again: Stuck with me for another year and given me many more reasons and confirmations of why I’m so happy to have married you 18 years ago.
I hope you like this year’s anniversary logo. This one is tied into a larger plot to tell the world how I feel about you. The local approach of broadcasting it via your van’s rear window was a good start, however, this year I’m letting the world know through TWO blogs designed to celebrate how lucky I am to have you via giving you Valentine’s All Year:
I started this in paper form several years ago, but didn’t complete it. I did present the idea to the participants in the Valentine’s All Year Seminar I did in Eagle Mountain around the same time. However, I’ve never forgotten it and now here it is in a bigger and better format!
When we were first married you introduced me to the idea from a talk about making “musical first aid kits” and that has always stuck with me. You know I love to make you “Momma Songs” CD’s for our Anniversary and Mother’s Day (a version with love songs from me and mother-related songs from the kids). Those CD’s I’ve listened to a lot, too, and always remind me of how happy I am to have you and/or if I’m upset, or we’re fighting, they remind me to re-calibrate to what matters most and what we are really about. Well, this blog is like those CD’s but more involved. Each song will have a video or audio that can be played online (you’ll probably have to listen to it from home since your work blocks YouTube videos--grrrrr), full lyrics, and a love note and/or commentary from me to you about the song and us.
For our 10th Anniversary I spent hours and hours and hours for several weeks searching, collecting, compiling, printing and cutting out 365 love quotes and poems (and put them in those three apothecary jars) so that instead of having just one Valentine from me you could instead have “Valentine’s All Year”. That’s the year I guess I came up with that idea from which sprung the article I wrote and the workshop of the same name. Well, I’m posting many of those online and adding some new ones as well.
You’ll be getting weekly and daily emails each day for these blog posts. I hope you’ll share these blogs with your friends and family so 1. they can see how loved you are (as you deserve to be) and 2. so maybe others will be encouraged to love their partners as well as they too deserve to be loved.
Well, babe, thanks for yet another great year with you.
Momma Songs 18th Anniversary CD
- All The Same Sick Puppies
- Be My Yoko Ono Barenaked Ladies
- Bill's Marriage Bill Cosby
- Calling You (Edit) Blue October
- Encarnación Nacho Libre
- Faithfully Journey
- First Day Of My Life Bright Eyes
- Forever And Ever, Amen Randy Travis
- Hotel Yorba The White Stripes
- I Could Not Ask For More Edwin Mccain
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing AeroSmith
- I Feel Home OAR
- I Walk the Line Johnny Cash
- I Want To Hold Your Hand The Beatles
- I'm Coming Home Robert Earl Keen
- It's You Pictures & Sound
- The Joker Steve Miller Band
- Just Like Heaven The Cure
- Let Me Tell You About Love The Judds
- Lips Like Sugar Echo & The Bunnymen
- A Man And A Woman U2
- My Best Friend Weezer
- My Blue Heaven Fats Domino
- Not My Baby The Judds
- One Hot Mama Trace Adkins
- Our House Madness
- Power of Two (acoustic) Indigo Girls
- Salvation Song The Avett Brothers
- Sea of Love Robert Plant
- Sign Your Name Terence Trent D'Arby
- Something The Beatles
- Something in the Way She Moves James Taylor
- Steamroller Blues James Taylor
- Taking You Home Don Henley
- Things We Said Today The Beatles
- Till There Was You The Beatles
- Whatta man Salt n Peppa & En Vogue
- When You're Good To Mama Catherine Zeta Jones, Renee Zellewegger, Richard Gere
- Whole Lot Of Love Led Zeppelin
- You Are My Sunshine Ray Charles
- You Make Loving Fun Fleetwood Mac
- You Needed Me Anne Murray
- You're Like Coming Home Lonestar
- You've Got a Friend James Taylor
- Your Body Is a Wonderland John Mayer